Re: [igraph] About the command => average.path.length(graph, directed=TR

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] About the command => average.path.length(graph, directed=TRUE, unconnected=TRUE)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:03:28 -0500

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Carlos Eduardo <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> About the parameter “unconnected=TRUE”, is it related to networks with two
> or more components? Or is it related to other network feature? Just as an
> example, I send attached an image of the simple network I am work with (in
> this case unconnected=FALSE).

>From the manual:

unconnected: What to do if the graph is unconnected (not strongly
          connected if directed paths are considered). If TRUE only the
          lengths of the existing paths are considered and averaged; if
          FALSE the length of the missing paths are counted having
          length ‘vcount(graph)’, one longer than the longest possible
          geodesic in the network.

G.