[igraph] peeling off graphs - minimum spanning tree traversal

From: Martin Tomko
Subject: [igraph] peeling off graphs - minimum spanning tree traversal
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 18:48:02 +0200

Hi all,
I need to get numbers of vertices in a specific radius from a given node, basically "peeling" the shells of the minimum spanning tree.
I am currently doing this:

num<- neighborhood.size(g, r, node) - neighborhood.size(g, r-1, node)

and I have to do it for all r in 1:diameter(g).

Now, it seems unnecessary to compute the neighborhood size separately in this way. I thought that either computing the MST and then running the neoghborhood.size on that iteratively would help, or using graph.neighborhood. Unfortunately, this one does not return a graph object. Are there any suggestions?

Cheers
Martin