Re: [igraph] ubuntu karmic packages 404 on launchpad but jaunty works

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] ubuntu karmic packages 404 on launchpad but jaunty works
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:04:23 +0000

Hi Kurt,

> [...]
> Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/igraph/ppa/ubuntu/dists/karmic/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
>  404  Not Found
> Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
> ones used instead
>
> if I manually point to 'jaunty' instead, all is well.
I guess this is because I explicitly enter "jaunty" in the changelog
file of the .deb package when I upload it to Launchpad to build it. I
looked around in the Launchpad Q&A section and found this:

https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/50883

It seems that we will have to submit a separate source package for
"karmic", where the only difference would be in the changelog file. This
seems very inefficient for me, but apparently we don't have a better
solution right now. Things will get even more complicated when Lucid
Lynx will be released as we will have to submit packages for three
different Ubuntu series :(