Re: [igraph] R-implementations of games

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] R-implementations of games
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 00:30:42 +0100

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Arthur Kaiser <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> @Tamas. Thanks. I want to do it right this way.
>
> @Gabor
>
> How can I get and use an edge list matrix? Can you give me a code example,
> please?

On handling matrices? Perhaps read 'Introduction to R', it is on the R
homepage. It is pretty easy, actually:

M <- matrix(0, ncol=number.of.edges, nrow=2)
edges.so.far <- 0
for (i in 2:no.of.vertices) {
  newedges <- ...  # According to your criteria
  if (length(newedges) != 0) {
    M[ , (edges.so.far+1):(edges.so.far+newedges)] <- newedges
    edges.so.far <- edges.so.far + length(newedges)
  }
}
g <- graph(M)

> I'm actualy thinking about an aging.prefatt.game with a random part:
>
> P[i] ~ (c k[i]^alpha) (d l[i]^beta) (e r[i]^gamma)
>

> The combine which I´m referring is shown in this example:

[...]

I think this would easier and faster with just using the matrix approach.

[...]