Re: [igraph] About Weighted Kleinberg centrality scores

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] About Weighted Kleinberg centrality scores
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:16:58 +0000

> Thanks again. I would like to ask you in the R 6.0, how to add weights into
> HUB and Authority calculation. Which formula or paper do you follow?
When updating a node's authority score using the hub scores of each node
that points to it, the hub scores are multiplied by the weights of the
incoming edges. That is, a node is given a higher authority if it is
being linked to by pages with high hub scores and those links have a
high weight. The hub update rule is modified similarly. When all weights
are equal, the algorithm becomes equivalent to the unweighted case.