[igraph] community detection

From: zhengjun chen
Subject: [igraph] community detection
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:39:14 -0500

Hi,

I run fastgreedy community detection algorithm on my dataset. I get a number of communities, and the modularity is 0.586.
Then I take a look at one of the communities. It has 170 vertices.
I found it has 253 edges inside the community, but 391 edges towards vertices outside the community.
This is contrary to my intuition of community. A good community should have more edges inside, and less edges towards outside.
So, what is wrong?

--
Thanks
zhengjun