Re: [igraph] random generator graph in C

From: wassim gmail
Subject: Re: [igraph] random generator graph in C
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:00:36 +0100

Gábor Csárdi a écrit :

It would probably work it you could give an example, with a small graph.
What i want to do is to have something like this
generate_random (graph);
      while i in graph do
            extract neighbor(i)
            while j in neighbor(i) do
                  compute_adress(j)
            endwhile
      endwhile

This is what i want to do with igrph. I don't know if it is possible or not.

The points are generated on the unit square, so their distance is
sqrt(2) at most. If you give '30' as the radius, then all pairs of
vertices will be connected, resulting a full graph, 19531*19530/2
edges. This requires about three Gb of memory. Are you sure you want a
geometric random graph?
Ah i didn't know that they are in randomly generated in unit square. Of course i don't want that as here as i do all node will be connected. How can i avoid this ? How can i generate random graph like a network topology ? I want that node have random and different degree so in this way i can obtain a random network.

Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards,