Re: [igraph] eigenvector cumulative distribution

From: simone gabbriellini
Subject: Re: [igraph] eigenvector cumulative distribution
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 17:26:47 +0100

Gabor,

Following "On power-law relationships of the internet topology" by Faloutsos, Faloutsos and Faloutsos it looks like they never use cumulative frequencies, or they never use frequencies at all... they simply, for example, sort the nodes in decreasing order of outdegree (or eigenvector) and plot it against the rank of the node (its index in the order of decreasing outdegree).

However, in "Towards a Theory of Scale-Free Graphs: Definition, Properties, and Implications" by Lun Li, David Alderson , John C. Doyle, Walter Willinger it looks like cumulative size-rank log-log plots are the more reliable tool for investigatin such type of relations.

but I have to admit I am walking on eggs... so I welcome every suggestion that can point me to understand if the evolution of my network has some scale-free properties.

best,
Simone