Re: [igraph] how to generate directed small world networks

From: simone gabbriellini
Subject: Re: [igraph] how to generate directed small world networks
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:23:00 +0100

Gabor,

yes, I mean that. Thank you for the suggestion. May I ask a question about barabasi.game too?

I see that in each step it add a vertex and some edges to old vertices already in the network with a certain probability. And that it is possible to make attractive also the isolated vertex with the zero.appeal parameter.

g.emp is my empiric network. The indegree distribution produced with:

g.sf<-barabasi.game(n=g.emp.vcountpower=0.08m=14zero.appeal = 1.6)

is close to my data, as you can see here: http://www.digitaldust.it/papers/analysis.pdf
(red = empiric, blue = scale free)

but the outdegree distribution is far from the empiric one...

I see also that the reciprocity(g.sf) is equal to 0, which is another bad result for me...

do you have any suggestion in order to modify it to "improve" the fit of the outdegree distribution?

or to increase the reciprocity?

I apologize if my questions are obvious or implicit in the nature of the scale-free model.

Best,
Simone