Re: [igraph] Random number generator(RNG) question

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Random number generator(RNG) question
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 21:54:24 +0100

Richard,

if you use igraph from C or Python then the standard C library rand()
is used with a seed based on the current time as returned by time().
(I agree that this might be a poor solution.)

If you use GNU R with the igraph package then R's random rumber
gerenerator is used. See ?RNGkind in R. (This is another reason
to use igraph from R instead of programming in C.)

Having a more flexible RNG interface has been on the TODO list
for a while....

Gabor