[igraph] Random number generator(RNG) question

From: Richard Geddes
Subject: [igraph] Random number generator(RNG) question
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 15:45:53 -0500

Hello,

I'm interested in using the random network generating functions in the
igraph library.  I assume a RNG is used in these functions.  My studies
tell me that not all RNG's are the same.. some more random than others.
I was wondering if someone could either give a summary of the igraph RNG
or point me to some info that describes the methodologies used in the
igraph RNG.

Also can the igraph RNG generate 64-bit random numbers for 64-bit
environments?

Thank you
Richard