Re: [igraph] as.undirected() strips vertex attributes?

From: uxzmdlj02
Subject: Re: [igraph] as.undirected() strips vertex attributes?
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:39:23 -0500

Ok, thanks for the response.

By the way, any idea of timeframe for the 0.5 release? I have some R code for cohesive blocking (as in Moody, While 2003) that I was planning to hand over to the project, and maybe before a point release would be the best time...

Oh, and in case anybody else uses it, my function from the last email should be:

as.undirected2 <- function(g){
    ## store the attributes:
    tempAtt <- list()
    for(a in list.vertex.attributes(g)){
        tempAtt <- c(tempAtt,list(get.vertex.attribute(g,a)))
        names(tempAtt)[length(tempAtt)] <- a
    }

    ## convert the graph:
    res <- as.undirected(g)

    ## restore the attributes:
    for(a in names(tempAtt)){
        set.vertex.attribute(res,a,value=tempAtt[[a]])
    }
    return(res)
}