ifile-discuss

[Ifile-discuss] Re: protect .idata from corruption

From: Dave Marquardt
Subject: [Ifile-discuss] Re: protect .idata from corruption
Date: 26 Mar 2003 08:18:11 -0600

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:52:15 +0100, Ole Jacob Taraldset <address@hidden> said:

Ole> I just experienced that all the data in my .idata was
Ole> deleted. The hd was 100% filled last night and that is probably
Ole> the reason why it happened. Is there anything that can be done to
Ole> prevent this from happening again (except for maing sure that the
Ole> hd is filled up)?

I experienced this a while back too.  I consider this to be a bug in
the code.  There must be some code not properly checking for errors on
write(), close() or rename().  If I remember the code correctly, the
updated database is written to a temporary file then renamed to the
database file name.  Something is failing in here, and it should be
caught.

So I propose you open a bug (if you don't, I will, eventually), and we
fix it.
--
Dave Marquardt
Round Rock, TX