ifile-discuss

Re: [Ifile-discuss] Gnus / ifile doesn't learn ;

From: Stefan Bodewig
Subject: Re: [Ifile-discuss] Gnus / ifile doesn't learn ;
Date: 10 Mar 2003 08:24:47 +0100

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003, Pascal Desroche <address@hidden> wrote:

> I receive mails that I wish I could read and keep that are sent to
> the spam folder everytime, even if also every time I change them to
> a non-spam folder.

As your subject line mentions Gnus, you are probably using fancy mail
splitting and invoke ifile from there.  If you add a rule to sort your
friends mails into a special folder before ifile gets invoked, you
should be done.  Something like (snipped example of my .gnus.el):

(setq nnmail-split-fancy
      '(|
        ;; first white-list some stuff to reduce the amount of work for ifile

        ;; moderated spam-free mailinglists
        ("list-post" "address@hidden"
                     "mail.jakarta-announce")

        ;; customers likely to send attachments or HTML, unlikely to send to
        ;; mailinglists
        (from "address@hidden" "mail.customer")

        ;; black-list some stuff that I cannot read anyway
        ("content-type" ".*gb2312" "mail.trash")

        (: ifile-spam-filter
           '(|
             ("subject" "moderate for" "mail.moderate")

The rule for your friend would probably be something like my
@customer.de rule.

Stefan