ifile-discuss

[Ifile-discuss] Re: Adding a "plugin" parser to ifile

From: clemens fischer
Subject: [Ifile-discuss] Re: Adding a "plugin" parser to ifile
Date: 8 Mar 2003 16:23:59 +0100

Jason Rennie <address@hidden>:

> Let me propose something here.  How about we break ifile into two parts:
> the parsing/lexing part and the classifier.  To run ifile, you'd give the
> message to the first program and pipe the output to the second program.

you should consider giving the classifier two interfaces:  one to use
directly with piping, and onother one to have one classifier per
database running constantly, in order to save the exec costs.

also, the "simple" output format of the lexer should really just be
one token to a line, so that everybody can make his own lexer.

  clemens