hyperbole-users

How do I change M-RET permanently to s-return AND remove M-RET?

From: David Bertenshaw
Subject: How do I change M-RET permanently to s-return AND remove M-RET?
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 11:43:26 +0100

Hi,

This seems such a simple thing to do, but I've been through the manuals
and tried everything I can think of over several sessions, and I can't
get it to work at all.

The problem is *not* setting the Action Key to s-return. I can do it
with either:

* the menu item (though that doesn't persist across sessions,
  AFAICS)

* global set keys and hkey-either

But neither of them removes the M-RET binding — and that's what I don't want.

There must be a simple way of doing this, but I just can't find it. My
fault, I'm sure.

So, please could someone list *all* the steps I need to take to
permanently and ubiquitously make s-return the only binding for Action Key.

Secondly: how do I turn off the smart-scrolling *completely* everywhere.
I know how to swap its behaviour from one form of scrolling to another,
but I never want the Action Key to trigger scrolling, and I can't see a
way in the manual to do this.

Sorry for the no doubt daft questions...

Many thanks -- I'm only just starting using the Hyperbole and much of it
looks very useful. I won't use everything, of course, but there's a lot
that's very attractive to explore.

David.

I use: Editor: GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.3.0, NS
appkit-2022.30 Version 11.2.3 (Build 20D91))

        Hyperbole:   7.1.4
        Sys Type:    x86_64-apple-darwin20.3.0
        OS Type:     darwin
        Window Sys:  ns