hyperbole-users

Permanently rebind Action key to s-return

From: David Bertenshaw
Subject: Permanently rebind Action key to s-return
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 10:56:16 +0100

Hi,

This is obviously something I'm doing wrong, but I can't find a way to
rebind the action key permanently to another key. I don't want to use M-RET
because
that overrides too many other situations (for me): I would prefer to use
s-return instead.

I can:

* use the menu action — that works, but it doesn't persist across
  sessions AFAICS

* bind s-return to hkey-either using global-set-key, but it doesn't
  unbind M-RET, which doesn't get rid of the problem.

I know about turning off the hyperbole keys in org mode so that M-RET
retains its proper function, but then why use hyperbole at all?

And I'm happy with the mapping of the action key to org-meta-return in
general, I just want everything on s-return instead.

There must be an easy way of doing this, but I've tried and can't figure
it out. I'm obviously doing something daft...

So, please, how do I swap M-RET for s-return permanently and
ubiquitously for hyperbole?

Many thanks,

David

* change it for
I use:  Editor:      GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.3.0, NS
appkit-2022.30 Version 11.2.3 (Build 20D91))

        Hyperbole:   7.1.4
        Sys Type:    x86_64-apple-darwin20.3.0
        OS Type:     darwin
        Window Sys:  ns