hyperbole-users

Re: How do I change M-RET permanently to s-return AND remove M-RET?

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: How do I change M-RET permanently to s-return AND remove M-RET?
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 23:22:46 -0400

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 10:46 PM Robert Weiner <rsw@gnu.org> wrote:
On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 1:21 PM David Bertenshaw <djberten@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Secondly: how do I turn off the smart-scrolling *completely* everywhere.
I know how to swap its behaviour from one form of scrolling to another,
but I never want the Action Key to trigger scrolling, and I can't see a
way in the manual to do this.

There are two variables that determine what happens when the Action or Assist keys are pressed at the end of the line:

action-key-eol-function and assist-key-eol-function

So add these two lines to make these do nothing:

(setq action-key-eol-function #'end-of-line)
      assist-key-eol-function #'end-of-line)

You can instead more generally bind these two variable to the 'ignore' function which does nothing:

(setq action-key-eol-function #'ignore
      assist-key-eol-function #'ignore)

Bob