help-texinfo

Re: New style sheet for Texinfo 7.x

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: New style sheet for Texinfo 7.x
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 18:48:32 +0000

On Sun, Mar 05, 2023 at 03:26:17PM +0000, Luis Felipe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just sharing a link to version 2.0.0 of my style sheet for documentation
> generated with Texinfo 7's makeinfo program.
>
> This new version comes with light and dark color schemes that are activated
> automatically based on the visual theme selected by the user in their Desktop
> or Browser.
>
> Check the project manual, it uses the style sheet:
>
> https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/texinfo-css/
>
> And also check the Version History for more on what's new on this version:
>
> https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/texinfo-css/Version-History.html
>
> I hope you find it useful, and thanks for your work on the Texinfo system.

This looks great, thanks for posting!

CSS can really help with making a manual look approachable, especially
with adjusting the text block width.

Could I suggest that the node navigation header would look better if
it wasn't surrounded in white space?

I found the example with a nested @def* block interesting:

https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/texinfo-css/Elements.html#Definitions

It reminded me of this thread: