Re: Building Octave from source

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Building Octave from source
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 14:31:25 +0100

Am 31. Dezember 2020 um 14:15 Uhr schrieb "Sambeet Panigrahi":
> I found out the suitesparse version using
> $ sudo ldconfig -v | grep libsuitesparse
> sbin/ldconfig.real: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ld-2.31.so[http://ld-2.31.so] is
> the dynamic linker, ignoring
>
> libsuitesparseconfig.so.5 -> libsuitesparseconfig.so.5.7.1
> /sbin/ldconfig.real: /lib32/ld-2.31.so[http://ld-2.31.so] is the dynamic
> linker, ignoring
>
> However the Sundials version was 3.1. So I updated it to sundials 5.1 which I
> compiled from source code available from
> here[https://computing.llnl.gov/projects/sundials/sundials-software]
> Now I get the following error while building from source.
>
> configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library not configured with SUNLINSOL_KLU or
> sunlinksol_klu.h is not usable.  The solvers ode15i and ode15s will not
> support the sparse Jacobian feature.

This isn't an error. It's just a warning from configure that some features of
ode15i and ode15s will be disabled.
Do you need those features? If not, just build without SUNLINSOL_KLU.

> The command I gave was :
> ./../configure --prefix=$HOME/my_octave
>
> Even with the CPP flag like below, I get the same error:
> ./../configure --prefix=$HOME/my_octave CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/suitesparse"
>
> In the compile output,
> checking for sunlinsol/sunlinsol_klu.h... no
> checking for SUNKLU in -lsundials_sunlinsolklu... no
> configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library not configured with SUNLINSOL_KLU or
> sunlinksol_klu.h is not usable.  The solvers ode15i and ode15s will not
> support the sparse Jacobian feature.
>
> But in the /usr/include/sunlinsol...I could not find a sunlinsol_klu.h
> library. Do I need to edit the configure.ac[http://configure.ac] file in
> someway to make this work?

Did you configure SUNDIALS to build with SUNLINSOL_KLU (cmake -DKLU_ENABLE=ON)?

Where did you install your self-compiled SUNDIALS? AFAICT, that header is part
of SUNDIALS 5.1.0 (and is still in 5.6.1).

Markus