Building Octave from source

From: Sambeet Panigrahi
Subject: Building Octave from source
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 23:02:47 +0530

Hi,
I have built Octave from source using the instructions from the Octave building website. I used the debian maintainers site to get the debian packages that can be installed using apt. So after installing all the dependencies, I used the following code:
hg clone https://www.octave.org/hg/octave && \
cd octave                                  && \
./bootstrap

mkdir .build && \ cd .build && \ ./../configure --prefix=$HOME/my_octave

But using the above I get the following error:
configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library not configured with SUNLINSOL_KLU or sunlinksol_klu.h is not usable.
The solvers ode15i and ode15s will not support the sparse Jacobian feature.

I managed to build Octave using the command,
./../configure --prefix=$HOME/my_octave CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/suitesparse"
 Because I found the klu.h library inside suitesparse.How can I add this to the configure.ac
so that next time I can just configure using:
./../configure --prefix=$HOME/my_octave

Can someone please help me out?