Re: Octave is really slow and “not responding”

From: susisanssouci
Subject: Re: Octave is really slow and “not responding”
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 14:49:09 +0200

Hi,

the problem fixed itself magically for me, too. There was a Windows update a few days ago. Maybe that is the reason.

Am 07.05.2020 um 03:07 schrieb Nicholas Jankowski:
Try disabling or verify it is disabled for the network stuff in the Octave GUI:

Edit - Preferences - Network: Allow Octave to connect to the Octave website

note that on my system I get the 'waiting for network' status, and I have always had this option disabled. So unless it's not obeying the option, I always suspected it's the security system making network checks and it just displays octave as waiting due to the not-overly-accurate/thorough/helpful nature of windows status tools.