Re: Nan and write on excel "65535"

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Nan and write on excel "65535"
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 13:19:19 -0400

ok. I'll log a bug report just to capture the info for 5.1.0, even though it will likely get a 'wontfix' since it's apparently corrected itself in future versions.

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 1:10 PM Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
Nicholas Jankowski wrote:

>     A workaround for you wold be to UNload the windows package. In that case
>     Excel won't be invoked and Octave will use native code and that
>     doesn't have
>     the bug.
>
>     BTW, it never occurred to me to test for this NA/NaN behavior. I'll
>     adapt
>     the spreadsheet test scripts in the io package to check for this.
>

> thanks Philip, I'm now wondering if the windows pkg loading was the
> difference with seeing/not seeing the bug yesterday.  would that make
> this a windows package related bug needing appropriate tests? I'm not
> sure how one would write tests capturing cross-package behavior.

Yes the windows pkg is an essential part of the culprit. It provides
ActiveX that allows Excel to be invoked through the COM server on Windows.
Whatever it was, it seems the problem has solved itself.

Philip