Re: Nan and write on excel "65535"

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Nan and write on excel "65535"
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 17:04:28 -0400

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 4:31 PM shivax via Help-octave <address@hidden> wrote:
hi,
but i don't understand how i solve it

in octave 4.XX i don't see this problem..

I see problem in octave 5.1..

(octave 6.0 it's not out yet)

shivax, the convention in this mailing list is to post under the previous replies, trimming unnecessary next.

Now, for reasons I cannot explain, I just ran a simple test again on the same machine (in v5.1.0)  and the NA test is producing blank cells.

I was about to create a bug report with an easily reproducible test, but I'm having difficulty recreating the problem now.  I don't understand the particular COM interface, etc., how java and/or MS Office do/don't come into play on a windows machine, and how that does or doesn't change the problem. maybe someone else has some clues.