Re: Nan and write on excel "65535"

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Nan and write on excel "65535"
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 12:07:00 -0400

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 11:52 AM Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:

> using Octave 5.1.0 on Windows 10 Pro, with MS Office 2013 and Java(TM)
> SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_212-b10)
> (I don't have a pc without MS Office for testing.)
>
> my simple test case:

realized I still have v4.4.1 sitting around.  running the same tests,
the xlsx files are both blank for NA and NAN and the ods files are
both filled with zeros.

so definitely a change between versions. I don't know what the desired behavior
is. previous behavior (blank) matches Matlab for compatibility.  no
compatibility issue with ODS output due to Matlab not apparently
handling that format natively, but it seems odd that the two wouldn't
match.