Re: chebfun gives Illegal instruction: 4

From: José Abílio Matos
Subject: Re: chebfun gives Illegal instruction: 4
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 16:02:08 +0100

On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 21.27.05 WEST you wrote:
> Did you re-run bootstrup before configure?
> Just to make sure start with new hg clone.

No change. :-(

I have deleted the build directory and started anew. I have also created a new
hg clone and started from there.

I have repeated the same procedure in another machine and I am able to
reproduce your results. I am baffled. :-(

Comparing the configure.log files for both machines does not seem to show any
relevant difference.

In this machine /bin is in the path (/bin is a symbolic link to /usr/bin in
both).

There are some locales that are not installed in the other machine.

The only other difference is the following (- for this machine and + for the
machine where there is no issue):

-gl_cv_func_mbrtowc_incomplete_state=yes
-gl_cv_func_mbrtowc_nul_retval=yes
-gl_cv_func_mbrtowc_null_arg1=yes
-gl_cv_func_mbrtowc_null_arg2=yes
-gl_cv_func_mbrtowc_retval=yes
-gl_cv_func_mbrtowc_sanitycheck=yes
-gl_cv_func_mbsrtowcs_works=yes
+gl_cv_func_mbrtowc_incomplete_state='guessing yes'
+gl_cv_func_mbrtowc_nul_retval='guessing yes'
+gl_cv_func_mbrtowc_null_arg1='guessing yes'
+gl_cv_func_mbrtowc_null_arg2='guessing yes'
+gl_cv_func_mbrtowc_retval='guessing yes'
+gl_cv_func_mbrtowc_sanitycheck='guessing yes'
+gl_cv_func_mbsrtowcs_works='guessing yes'

--
José Matos