Re: chebfun gives Illegal instruction: 4

From: José Abílio Matos
Subject: Re: chebfun gives Illegal instruction: 4
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 17:41:32 +0100

On Saturday, 18 May 2019 16.07.39 WEST address@hidden wrote:
> Thanks very much for taking a look at this (and in such depth). I did find
> this on the chebfun website: "No, Chebfun does not work in Octave, because
> it relies too intimately on the object-oriented features of MATLAB.” which
> I posted on #octave earlier (when I thought my email had not been
> received). But I agree it should not produce an illegal instruction.
>
> I am sad that I can’t use chebfun but it is not essential to what I am
> doing.
>
> Thanks once again.

As far as I remember these problems should be mitigated in octave 6, due to
jwe work with the object oriented interface.

Running this on octave 6 (development) I get (after changing to the chebfun-
master directory):

>> addpath(pwd())
>> x = chebfun('x');
error: octave_base_value::bool_value(): wrong type argument 'sq_string'
error: called from
    chebfun at line 219 column 36

One of the reasons why I follow more or less this issue is because I am
involved in a more or less related project:
https://cmup.fc.up.pt/tautoolbox/index.html

Regards,
--
José Matos