Re: chebfun gives Illegal instruction: 4

From: José Abílio Matos
Subject: Re: chebfun gives Illegal instruction: 4
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 16:58:50 +0100

On Wednesday, 22 May 2019 16.10.27 WEST Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
> The symptoms are indicative that you have either another older octave
> installed somewhere and
> the its libraries got crosslinked into you newly build octave.
>
> updatedb; locate octave
>
> etc...
>
> Dmitri.

Of course I have another octave installed. This is the development version and
so I need a stable version installed. :-)

In any case in the machine where the problem occurs I have octave 5.1
installed while in the machine where the problem does not occur I have octave
4.4 installed.

In the first case it was installed from copr (a ppa in ubuntu parlance) and
the other is the version available in Fedora. In both cases the versions have
been installed using dnf.

The strange part is that make check report the same numbers of the tests
passes, skipped and so on.

PS: Thank you for helping me debug this issue. :-)
--
José Matos