Re: Octave 5.1.0 and Qt installation problems [SOLVED}

From: babelproofreader
Subject: Re: Octave 5.1.0 and Qt installation problems [SOLVED}
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 06:43:33 -0500 (CDT)

My problem has been solved by upgrading my system OS to Debian Stretch so
that the latest versions of dependencies were available in the official
repositories for my system - the only hiccup was that I had to completely
uninstall the Sundials library as make was failing on this - so I don't have
access to a couple of solvers based on this library; an inconsequential
minor draw back.