Re: uigetfile error

From: khalil2535
Subject: Re: uigetfile error
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 11:16:36 -0600 (CST)

Hello Kai thanks for reply

siko1056 wrote
> I think your complaint is, that the current working path is returned
> instead of the "cameraman.tif" path.

that's true.

siko1056 wrote
> Can you ensure to not have any functions, files, or variables named
> "folder", or "filename", run a clean Octave session at best.

I tried to get outside my work directory to make sure it's about things
inside it & then wrote this code.

>> clear all
>> filename
error: 'filename' undefined near line 1 column 1
>> folder
error: 'folder' undefined near line 1 column 1
>> [filename, folder] = uigetfile(); % choosed same image path
>> folder
folder = /home/khalil2535/Octave/

siko1056 wrote
> Furthermore which distribution of Linux do you use and do you run for
> example a FlatPack installation, or the native one from your distribution?

I use fedora 29 and yes i installed octave using flatpak command line , i
tried those maybe will be useful for tracking the problem ..

>> ls
"HomeWork's"   Materials
>> ls Materials/images/
cameraman.tif  lena_color_512.tif  mandril_gray.tif   woman_blonde.tif
>> pwd
ans = /home/khalil2535/Octave
>> file = fopen('/home/khalil2535/Octave/Materials/images/cameraman.tif');
>> file
file =  22
>>  is_valid_file_id(file)
ans = 1
>> img = imread('/home/khalil2535/Octave/Materials/images/cameraman.tif');
>> img(1)
ans = 156