Re: Knight's tour

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Knight's tour
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 17:25:29 -0500

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 5:04 PM SimonAllen <address@hidden> wrote:
The error I am seeing is this

error: 'SpiralNumbering' undefined near line 52 column 25
error: called from
    spiralknightsmove>@<anonymous> at line 52 column 25
    spiralknightsmove at line 78 column 19

What I suddenly realised is that spiralknightsmove calls spiralNumbers

I had it in my head that the subroutine had to be within the main code.  It
should work provided spiralknightsmove can see spiralNumbers.

So what I have done is to use 'pwd' and that tells me where Octave is
looking.  In my case it is

>> pwd
ans = /Users/Simon

Next I accessed both files in Dropbox.  I used direct download and then
moved both files to /Users/Simon

Next to be sure I typed

>> ls
spiralNumbers.m
spiralknightsmove.m

There is a lot of other stuff there folders and files but both of these
files are there

Next I opened spiralknightsmove.m in Octave and hit Run.  That gives the
error above.  So Octave is not seeing the other file even though it is in
the same path.  I am not sure why it is still not seeing it.

I am on a Mac but that should not make any difference or is it a file
permission issue?

Simon

get this file also

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiudun1a92wrzfe/SpiralNumbering.m?dl=0