Re: Help Plotting Symbolic Vector Fields with Substitutions

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: Help Plotting Symbolic Vector Fields with Substitutions
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 23:26:46 -0700

On 22/04/17 01:39 PM, WARDEVIL_UFO wrote:
I went ahead and posted the code with your mods on the Octave Symbolic page.
Would you mind taking a look, and tell me what you think?

I proofread it a bit and made some minor edits.  Thanks for this.
One little (potential) hiccup remains.  If a symbolic function had an actual
floating point valued coefficient or exponent, would using rat() for
heuristics be acceptable in that case, or is there some other preferred way?
For instance, if  I modify  my iComponent to be sin(pi .*y ./2.01) that
triggers rats() warning.

sin (pi * y * sym(201)/100)

I recommend never put floating point numbers into symbolic expressions.

Colin