Re: Help Plotting Symbolic Vector Fields with Substitutions

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: Help Plotting Symbolic Vector Fields with Substitutions
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 22:55:41 -0700

On 18/04/17 08:09 PM, WARDEVIL_UFO wrote:
http://https://octave-online.net/ <http://https://octave-online.net/>

When I run the above code on my local installation of Octave it works just
fine.  But some reason its quirky with Octave Online.  Particularly, when
one of the components of "cyl" does not contain a z, an r, or a phi.
Tricking the vector component into being zero, by something like Multiplying
by 0*r doesn't seem to work with Octave Online either.  Anyone might know
why that is?

Can you give an example of exactly what fails and what the error is? That system seems to have an older version of the symbolic package so maybe that is related?

Or maybe its https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/issues/8, but I'm just guessing without knowing more detail.

Please find a "minimal nonworking example" and share it.

thanks,
Colin