Re: Octave 4.2 binary + all packages in Linux ?

From: roland65
Subject: Re: Octave 4.2 binary + all packages in Linux ?
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 00:53:47 -0700 (PDT)

John W. Eaton wrote
>  Or maybe we could work more
> toward a "universal binary" that would work on any system.  Contact me
> privately and we can discuss it further.

Thanks for you detailed and argumented answer. I understand the technical
limitations and respect your position, of course.

I'm not much aware of the various ways to distribute system independent
binaries (I only know the static binaries way). So what is the purpose of
mxe-octave?

And do you think that snap or flatpack packages could be a solution?

Thanks!