Re: Octave 4.2 binary + all packages in Linux ?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave 4.2 binary + all packages in Linux ?
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:54:49 -0700

Sorry, I just went back and re-read your original message. I now think I
understand that you are interested in working on this and asking for
advice, is that right?

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 00:03:33 -0700, roland65 wrote:
> So, I believe we should have the same facility as in Windows to install the
> latest Octave + packages in one single binary archive, just like LibreOffice
> or Mozilla Firefox.
>
> Does it make sense to you? Is it feasible (I guess there should be library
> compatibility issues)?

If you want to work on such a thing, you are certainly welcome to try.
It sounds possible, if not worthwhile, to me. You might start with
mxe-octave, which already has an option to build natively on GNU/Linux
systems.

--
mike