Re: Downloading Octave on Mac

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: Downloading Octave on Mac
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2017 20:01:30 -0400

> On Apr 9, 2017, at 4:15 PM, Guy Denton <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Dear Help Octave,
>
> I am trying to download Octave on my MacBook Air but cannot seem to do this
> from the Octave site. I have tried from Source Forge but it will not open on
> my computer because the source is not verified. I hope you can help,
>
> Guy
>
> (I really don’t want dodgy software on my computer)

I am no expert, but I use Homebrew <https://brew.sh/>.
After you have installed Homebrew try (in Terminal)
  $ brew options octave
to see what Octave options you might want to install.
Then
  $ brew install octave
(with or without options) should install octave on your system.

As I say, I’m no expert, but Homebrew works for me.

Regards,

Vic