Re: Bug when running Octave 4.02 under emulation on OS X 10.11.5.

From: JP
Subject: Re: Bug when running Octave 4.02 under emulation on OS X 10.11.5.
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 21:50:14 -0400

Dmitri and Ronald,

Thank you much for your help.
When I type

glxinfo -B

the following is displayed:

name of display: /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.74dNuAUNq1/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
display: /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.74dNuAUNq1/org.macosforge.xquartz:0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Engine
OpenGL version string: 2.1 INTEL-10.14.73
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20

(end of what is displayed)

When I type glxgears, a pretty three-color display of interlocking moving gears is displayed.
When I execute a plot command in Octave, I wouldn't say the system hangs so much as Octave's window disappears.  The Terminal window remains open.

I know very little about virtual machines or UNIX.

-James