Re: 4.03 GUI version on El Capitan

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: 4.03 GUI version on El Capitan
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 05:17:20 -0700 (PDT)

Yih Lerh Huang wrote
> THanks for the program.
>
> Usually works. I can plot. Installed with Brew according to
> http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_MacOS_X.
>
> Every now and then - a little too often! - it quits.
>
> Cannot identify what leads to the problem.
>
>>> 2016-07-28 14:16:43.122 octave-gui[26981:922372] modalSession has been
>>> exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:
> 2016-07-28 14:17:07.786 octave-gui[26981:922372] modalSession has been
> exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:

Without further information it is very difficult to find the root of this
problem. The warning are not necessarily harmful.

You have installed homebrew in the standard location "/usr/local"? Did you
specify any particular switches or did you just do "brew install octave"?
Can you give us some more information when it crashes? What were you doing
in this moment? e.g. plotting?

Bye
Sebastian