Re: install package

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: install package
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:05:06 -0400

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 09:56:04 -0400, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
> not to sidetrack the conversation, but is:
>
> error: help: the 'xmlread' function is not yet implemented in Octave
>
> really an appropriate error message here? I thought I've tried to run
> control functions before when the package was installed but not loaded, and
> I get a message saying "this function is part of the X package that is not
> loaded"

Yeah, that stood out to me too. I think the reasoning is that xmlread is
a core Matlab function, and so should ideally be ported to Octave core
(and there have been discussions to do so).

The functionality for this is a curated list of function to package
mappings in the __unimplemented__ function, for those interested. There
are currently no io package functions in this missing function hook.

Cheers,

--
mike