Re: install package

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: install package
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:53:31 -0400

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 4:40 AM, Detlef Maier <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello. I did:
  1. pkg install C:\Users\maidet\Downloads\io-2.2.9.tar.gz
  2.  pkg list
    Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
    --------------+---------+-----------------------
             io  |   2.2.9 | C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.0\share\octave\packages\io-2.2.9
  3. shut down and restarted the PC
  4. help xmlread
    error: help: the 'xmlread' function is not yet implemented in Octave

So (see 3.), it seems the package is not  correctly installed. How can I check correct installation?  How can I fix it? Maybe our UNC-pathes cause trouble?

DetBu

Installing just means it's now available to be loaded. Octave does not load all installed packages by default.

>>pkg load io

will load it for the current session. if you want it to auto-load every time, you can add the -auto switch when installing.

I believe the rebuild command can be run with an -auto switch as well.

>> pkg rebuild -auto io

nickj