install package

From: Detlef Maier
Subject: install package
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:40:36 +0200

Hello. I did:
  1. pkg install C:\Users\maidet\Downloads\io-2.2.9.tar.gz
  2.  pkg list
    Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
             io  |   2.2.9 | C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.0\share\octave\packages\io-2.2.9
  3. shut down and restarted the PC
  4. help xmlread
    error: help: the 'xmlread' function is not yet implemented in Octave

So (see 3.), it seems the package is not  correctly installed. How can I check correct installation?  How can I fix it? Maybe our UNC-pathes cause trouble?

DetBu

ThyssenKrupp Presta message disclaimer:
As you are aware, messages sent by eMail can be manipulated or diverted by third parties. If not mentioned otherwise our eMail messages are generally not legally binding. This electronic message (including any attachments) contains confidential information and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and as such is intended only for the use by the intended recipients. Please be aware that any unauthorized disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this message is expressly prohibited. If you have received this eMail in error please understand that you must not copy this eMail or any attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. Please notify me immediately by reply eMail and delete this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.