Re: GNU Octave + Installer

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: GNU Octave + Installer
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 13:57:27 -0500

On Mon, 2015-01-05 at 15:27 +0000, Michael Lansdell wrote:
> Since this individual works for Rogers, I need to know what the
> policy is for using this software in a commercial/business
> environment. Is it permitted by the Octave organization?

Yes. You don't need anyone's permission to use GNU Octave. Our
license, the GNU General Public License, automatically grants you
permission to use Octave. Do whatever you want with GNU Octave.

If you are curious, there are many discussions of what the GNU GPL
allows and its requirements and what free-as-in-freedom software like
Octave is supposed to do for you. Here is an example:

   https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

I hope you enjoy GNU Octave,
 - Jordi G. H.