Re: Error when executing "make" on Ubuntu Linux

From: Igal Franko
Subject: Re: Error when executing "make" on Ubuntu Linux
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 15:49:27 +1100

Thanx for the answer.

It indeed works in CLI mode.

I googled the error "warning: ft_render: invalid bounding box, cannot render" and I found in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21955036/problems-plotting-with-octave and http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-bug-tracker/2013-09/msg00065.html that this error can be related to fonts that are not installed. Maybe this is the problem?
Maybe there are certain fonts required by Octave that I need to install?
Just an idea.

Another clue: if I execute plot(1:10) in octave (in CLI mode) I get the following errors: http://pastebin.com/aEirBZpk

I also saw the thread http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/ft-render-runtime-errors-td4656976.html which says this might be related to libgl, Freetype or Fontconfig. I made sure I have the packages libfreetype and libfontconfig. I am not sure what package I need for OpenGL, what I have is the package libgl1-mesa-dev, also installed freeglut as I saw somewhere on Ubuntu forums it is needed for OpenGL support.

Also I found http://octave.sourceforge.net/doxygen/html/d8/de5/txt-eng-ft_8cc_source.html which seems to be the source file which generates the error, if it helps.

Cheers.
Igal Franko