Error when executing "make" on Ubuntu Linux

From: Igal Franko
Subject: Error when executing "make" on Ubuntu Linux
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 18:23:00 +0300

Hello there!

I'm keen to try to help in Octave development and I downloaded Octave a few
days ago from the mercurial repository (so the development version.)
I followed the instructions on the HACKING document, and made sure I have all
prerequisites (according to the Octave manual) including the optional ones. I
installed all prerequisited apart from HDF5 (as there were several versions and
I did not know which one to use.)

This is on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS x86_64

These are the commands I executed:

./bootstrap
mkdir .build
cd .build
../configure
make

I am getting an error when executing make.

I am putting here the output from the configure script and from "make."

configure script output: http://pastebin.com/czGqCCEA

output from make: http://pastebin.com/2gLRNxDL
(first time I executed make, it outputs a lot of stuff, too much for pastebin
to handle, so I executed it again and the second time it doesn't spit out as
much stuff but still spits out the error, that is what I pasted in the link
above)

I'll be grateful for any help about this issue.

Cheers!
Igal Franko