Re: Mac - problem with plotting

From: Andrew Gibb
Subject: Re: Mac - problem with plotting
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 16:52:47 +0100

Ben Abbott wrote:

The problem is that the default configuration of Homebrew's gnuplot
doesn't support any terminals for displaying the plots. To add support
for x11, ...

brew uninstall gnuplot;
brew install gnuplot --with-x

I don't know if Homebrew supports qt or not. You might experiment with
that ... or ask the Homebrew help list.

Homebrew definitely doens't provide Aquaterm. But if you are up to a
bit of hacking, you'll first need to download and install Aquaterm

http://sourceforge.net/projects/aquaterm/

And then setup the Homebrew build of gnuplot to link to the Aquaterm
libs. If you need help with that, please inquire on the Homebew and/or
gnuplot help lists.

Beware of multiple installs of Aquaterm and/or gnuplot. You'll save
yourself a lot of head-aches if you only have one of each installed on
your computer.

Ben

Ben,

That appears to have worked. I reinstalled gnuplot as you described, and set GNUTERM to X11. Now I can plot.

Consider your warning about multiple installs heeded.

Thanks very much for your time.

Andy