Re: 3.8.1 Windows MXE Octave

From: ijourneaux
Subject: Re: 3.8.1 Windows MXE Octave
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:26:03 -0700 (PDT)

It appears there are two different possible outcomes from the segmentation
fault you get with

test imread

In the first case, when exiting Octave, you get a dialog box indicating
Octave crashed. This gives you time to record the crash information.

In the second case, when you exit Octave, Octave puts up some text in the
octave window detailing the crash and quickly closes. I had not looked at
this closely and thought octave had exited cleanly.

Since the test disappears much too quickly to read, I used a video recorder
to capture the text on the screen. It turns out that it is similar memory
violation error.

So even though Octave seem to exit correctly, there is a problem with imread
causing a memory fault.

I would really appreciate any tips on trying to troubleshoot this. I can
compile up the sources and implement the dlls with symbols to assist in
troubleshooting. Unfortunately this my be deep into GraphicsMagik. THis is
the only problem preventing me from wider use of Octave.