Re: Migrating from 3.6.4 to 3.8.0

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Migrating from 3.6.4 to 3.8.0
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:35:43 -0500

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM, ijourneaux <address@hidden> wrote:
I am trying to migrate from Octave 3.6.4 to 3.8.0 under 32bit windows.
I have most of my issues resolved  (associated with stricter type casting).
Unfortunately I have am running into an issue with a call to imresize

imresize(ABI(topa+10:topa+aa(in)-10,Iv2+10:Iv2+10+SizeX-31),[round(SizeY*1.01)
SizeX-30]);

where I am running out of memory which ends up producing a segmentation
fault. This is a large image  2552 x 3296 pixels so running out of memory
might not be surprising but I have been using this script for several years
without issue under version 3.2.4, 3.6.1, 3.6.4, 3.7.0 and I have not had
that issue.

Is there something with the Octave 3.8.0 under windows that might limit the
amount of memory available? Perhaps just a larger footprint? I would prefer
not to modify the code if possible as I was not the original developer
(although that might not be an option). I am just trying to keep the version
of Octave current to minimize upgrade headaches in the future.

Appreciate any comments
Ian

do you still have the other version installed? If so what's the memory footprint of each reported in Task Manager before running your script?