Re: Migrating from 3.6.4 to 3.8.0

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Migrating from 3.6.4 to 3.8.0
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:44:18 +0000

On 13 Feb 2014 22:55:08 -0800 (PST),  <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]
>
> error: out of memory or dimension too large for Octave's index type
> error: called from:
> error:   C:\Octave\Octave-3.8.0\share\octave\packages\image-2.2.0\imremap.m
> at l
> ine 176, column 10
> error: evaluating argument list element number 1
> error:   C:\Octave\Octave-3.8.0\share\octave\packages\image-2.2.0\imremap.m
> at l
> ine 127, column 6
> error:   C:\Octave\Octave-3.8.0\share\octave\packages\image-2.2.0\imremap.m
> at l
> ine 82, column 12
> error:   C:\Octave\Octave-3.8.0\share\octave\packages\image-2.2.0\imremap.m
> at l
> ine 66, column 12
> error:   C:\Octave\Octave-3.8.0\share\octave\packages\image-2.2.0\imresize.m
> at
> line 135, column 8
> error:   C:/PickoutDetection/Scripts\pickout2.m at line 204, column 39

You forgot one important point. You did not only upgrade Octave, you
have also upgraded the image package (you are using image package
version 2.2.0 which is dependent on octave 3.8.0). There has been some
changes in imresize and imremap (see 'news image') but I can't
remember one that would cause an increase in memory usage. Try to
install the previous version of the image package and check if the
problem disappears. If so, please submit a bug report [1] and if you
could find the change that caused this, even better. They have most
likely been introduced in imresize [2] or imremap [3].

Carnë

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave
[2]
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/image/ci/5e598ccaf0c7c56c88c9649aacfed68013ec167f/log/?path=/inst/imresize.m