Migrating from 3.6.4 to 3.8.0

From: ijourneaux
Subject: Migrating from 3.6.4 to 3.8.0
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:20:10 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to migrate from Octave 3.6.4 to 3.8.0 under 32bit windows.
I have most of my issues resolved  (associated with stricter type casting).
Unfortunately I have am running into an issue with a call to imresize

imresize(ABI(topa+10:topa+aa(in)-10,Iv2+10:Iv2+10+SizeX-31),[round(SizeY*1.01)
SizeX-30]);

where I am running out of memory which ends up producing a segmentation
fault. This is a large image  2552 x 3296 pixels so running out of memory
might not be surprising but I have been using this script for several years
without issue under version 3.2.4, 3.6.1, 3.6.4, 3.7.0 and I have not had
that issue.

Is there something with the Octave 3.8.0 under windows that might limit the
amount of memory available? Perhaps just a larger footprint? I would prefer
not to modify the code if possible as I was not the original developer
(although that might not be an option). I am just trying to keep the version
of Octave current to minimize upgrade headaches in the future.

Appreciate any comments
Ian