Re: Basic question: usage of Java methods in Octave

From: Fedemone
Subject: Re: Basic question: usage of Java methods in Octave
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 01:26:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Philip,

sorry forr late answer, I forgot in previous days...

You are right, the code is really ugly, and my duty right now is to
reverse-engineer it, in order to make this third-party-code usable locally
in Octave rather than Matlab.
That's where all the problems rise, and I'm try to do what you suggest: to
dissect, to de-assembly in simplier code and to understand what are the
single elements (some are surely variables, other are functions declared
elsewhere, Integer and Float should be Java classes... a real mess).

By the way, trying to use the Java Method seems a bit less intuitive than
expected:

octave:1> x = javaMethod('floatToIntBits', 'java.lang.Float', 10.07)
error: [java] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Actually no numer is accepted in this way, and any manual I'm lookin ginto
is lacking of the very basic introduction to method usage...

Thanks to you all,

Federico